Newstead Avenue Street Improvements Project starts Monday, January 20
January 9, 2020
On Monday, January 20th, construction will begin on the Newstead Avenue Street Improvement Project. The project is a planned improvement on campus to enhance vehicular circulation, and address ongoing campus growth.
The scope of the project includes:
• Widen Newstead Avenue from Clayton Ave. to Forest Park Ave. from three (3) lanes to five (5) lanes (four (4) traffic lanes and a universal lane)
• Widen the METRO Link Crossing at Newstead Avenue from 36’ wide to 50’ wide
• Add a dedicated right turn lane on Clayton Ave. at Newstead Avenue
• Complete replacement and re-signalization of the intersections at Duncan Ave. and Forest Park Ave., where they cross Newstead Avenue
• Improve alignment and throughput circulation at the intersection of Duncan Ave. and Newstead Avenue
• Provide ADA and pedestrian safety improvements along Newstead Avenue
The project will be constructed in multiple phases. Throughout the project, construction will require various lane closures, lane changes, temporary barricades, construction traffic, dayshift and nightshift work along Newstead Avenue.
The schedule is anticipated to have a fourteen (14) month duration, consisting of approximately 12 phases. The project completion is schedule for the spring of 2021.
If your commute to work includes driving Newstead Avenue, please plan additional time for your commute to work, in anticipation of delays, congestion, changes to traffic and traffic patterns due to construction during this project.
Your patience and cooperation, while we work to improve the campus, is sincerely appreciated.
Please direct any questions or concerns to Lauren Leonard, WUSM Project Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 314-362-1951.Categories: Facilities Operations Update