Sent on behalf of Barnes-Jewish Hospital.
Starting March 1, the demolition team will close one patient room on the 16th floor and one on the 17th floor of West Pavilion to prepare for the removal of the bridge to Queeny Tower. The rooms, which are in close proximity to the bridge, will be out of service for about three months. The project team is coordinating with patient access and the clinical managers for these areas.
Before the bridge is taken down, contractors will be rerouting some utilities on the 16th floor to areas that were fed through the bridge. A section of 16th floor corridor and a work room will be closed for shorter periods. A med room will close for two days only, with plans in place to use the other med room on the unit for that short time.(see diagram)
• Workers will be on site 7 a.m.-3:30 p.m., Monday-Friday.
• The westernmost patient transport elevator in the West Pavilion will be closed to the 16th floor for about five weeks. It will remain open to the 17th floor.
• Access to the West Pavilion stairwell near the elevators will be closed on the 16th floor for about five weeks.
Questions can be directed to the following clinical managers:
• Christa Overmann, 16th floor, 314-305-2387 or Christa.Overmann@bjc.org
• Chris Kavaliunas, 17th floor, 314-571-0815 or Christopher.Kavaliunas@bjc.org
Or to the project team:
• Todd Waalkes, Kadean, 314-221-1835 or TWaalkes@kadean.com
• Justin Breig, BJC Planning, Design & Construction, 314-323-2317 or Justin.Breig@bjc.org