For any OFMD employees who would like more information about assistance programs throughout the various communities in the St. Louis region, please view this presentation.
For more information on the WUSM Work-Life Solutions (EAP), please visit the HR website.
Capital Projects Key Shop Management
Cell Phone, Radio & Pager
Emergencies & Essential Personnel Acknowledgement Form
Employee Assistance Initiative
Floral Purchases & Gifts
Mission & Core Values Form
Shipping and Receiving guidelines for moving large items
Short Term & Emergency Housing
Outage & Service Interruptions Notifications Process
Learn more about the organizational structure and the teams that compose the various divisions of the Operations & Facilities Management Department, choose the appropriate link from the list below:
The Operations & Facilities Management Department has a formalized performance management process in place. OFMD believes performance management is important due to keeping an open dialogue between employees and their supervisors for expectations, ongoing feedback, development planning and performance evaluations.
Performance Management Process & Supporting Templates
- Self Evaluation – Admin. & Prof. Staff Mid-Year
- Self Evaluation – Admin. & Prof. Staff Year-End
- Performance Evaluation for Administration/Professional Staff Guidelines
- Performance Evaluation for Administration/Professional Staff Sample (Year-End & Mid-Year)
Front Line Staff
- Performance Evaluation Front Line Staff (Year End) Guidelines
- Performance Evaluation Front Line Staff (Year End)
- Performance Evaluation for Front Line Staff (Mid-Year) Guidelines
- Performance Evaluation for Front Line Staff (Mid-Year)
- Performance Evaluation for Front Line Staff (SAMPLE)
- Performance Development Plan Guidelines
- Performance Development Plan
- Performance Improvement Plan Guidelines
- Performance Improvement Plan
- Performance Management Guidelines
- Leadership Core Competencies
- Leadership Core Competencies Presentation
Performance Management Metrics/Additional Tools
Twice a year, the department reports on key performance indicators. For performance management, the metrics include attrition, percentage of completed performance evaluations, employee engagement (attendance at department events) and employee productivity (linked to individual service area KPIs).
Employee Meeting Summary
Employee Meeting Summary Guidelines
Hiring, Onboarding & Termination Guidelines
HR Job Requisition Form
Internal Posting Template
Job Change Form
Leaving the University Form
Merit Increase Letter
Merit Letter Increase Guidelines
Time Record Keeping Guidelines
Performance Management Calendar
- July 1 – July 6: Business Operations generates employee merit letters and distributes to each service area for distribution by supervisors. Supervisor and employee update goals at this time (informal process).
- September 15 – October 15: For administration and professional staff, employees should fill out the self-evaluation at least a week prior to their appraisal. For front-line staff, supervisor should fill out employee mid-year short form performance appraisals and meet individually with each employee to give their review. For administration and professional staff, supervisors will note midyear performance evaluation in an email (supervisor should sent a copy of the email to HR or upload to MyDay for inclusion in electronic personnel file).
- October 16 – October 23: Supervisor should scan signed appraisals and send to HR or upload to MyDay for electronic personnel file.
- March 1 – March 30: For administration and professional staff, employees should update their self-evaluation from midyear at least a week prior to their appraisal. Supervisor should fill out employee year-end performance appraisals and meet individually with each employee to give their review. During performance appraisal, set goals for employee. Set up monthly meetings with employee for a performance improvement plan and monthly/quarterly meetings with employee for a performance development plan.
- April 1 – April 7: Supervisor should scan signed appraisals and send to HR or upload to MyDay for electronic personnel file.
- April 8 – April 15: Supervisor/Director should determine and input merit for each employee.
OFMD Strategic Goals & Performance Report
Our strategic priorities continue to support our service mission and will be carried out utilizing sound leadership principals and using our organizational core values.
Please view our performance reports.
- FY22 OFMD Year-End Performance Report
- FY21 OFMD Year-End Performance Report
- FY 20 OFMD Year-End Performance Report
- FY 19 OFMD Year-End Performance Report
- FY 18 OFMD Year-End Performance Report
- FY 18 OFMD Mid-Year Performance Report
- FY 17 OFMD Year-End Performance Report
- FY 17 OFMD Mid-Year Performance Report
- FY 16 OFMD Year-End Performance Report
Please view our strategic goals: Annual Strategic Goals FY 2020-2025
The Operations and Facilities Management Department (OFMD) at the School of Medicine continues to set national trends in operational leadership for their continued commitment to employees, customers and the stewardship of place.
Annual Training Program
The OFMD Departmental Training Program is updated annually. Please contact Michelle Lewis for more information.
Facility Management Professional (FMP)
The Operations & Facilities Management Department (OFMD) at Washington University School of Medicine has undertaken facility management professional development through a strategic partnership with the International Facility Management Association (IFMA). As of May 21, 2018, 162 staff members have earned the Facility Management Professional (FMP) credential and 44 have earned the Sustainability Facility Professional credential. OFMD is committed to preparing staff with the necessary portfolio of skills and credentials to continue to serve as a benchmark and resource for service, stewardship and sustainability.
Employee Recognition Program
The Operations & Facilities Management Department (OFMD) Recognition Program acknowledges the staff members—individual and team—who have shown meritorious service, dedication and contributions to OFMD and to the School of Medicine beyond the requirements and expectations of the job; and who have gone above and beyond their duties by exhibiting the department’s PRIDE core values and providing quality customer service.
How to Nominate:
To nominate an employee who has shown meritorious service, dedication and contributions to Operations & Facilities Management Department (OFMD) and to the School of Medicine, please fill out the form at the bottom of this page.
University Recognition Programs:
- Dean’s Distinguished Service Award
- Length of Service Award
- Central Administration Employee Appreciation Picnic
- Central Administration Holiday Celebration
- Chancellor’s 25 Year Service Award
For additional information regarding the Employee Recognition Program, please contact Melanie Strowmatt.