For any OFMD employees who would like more information about assistance programs throughout the various communities in the St. Louis region, please view this presentation.
For more information on the WUSM Work-Life Solutions (EAP), please visit the HR website.
Capital Projects Key Shop Management
Cell Phone, Radio & Pager
Emergencies & Essential Personnel Guidelines & Acknowledgement Form
Floral Purchases & Gifts
Shipping and Receiving guidelines for moving large items
Retiree Recognition – Temporary
Short Term & Emergency Housing
Outage & Service Interruptions Notifications Process
Learn more about the organizational structure and the teams that compose the various divisions of the Operations & Facilities Management Department, choose the appropriate link from the list below:
The Operations & Facilities Management Department has a formalized performance management process in place. OFMD believes performance management is important due to keeping an open dialogue between employees and their supervisors for expectations, ongoing feedback, development planning and performance evaluations.
Performance Management Process & Supporting Templates
- Self Evaluation – Admin. & Prof. Staff Mid-Year
- Self Evaluation – Admin. & Prof. Staff Year-EndPerformance Evaluation for Administration/Professional Staff Guidelines
- Performance Evaluation for Administration/Professional Staff Sample (Year-End & Mid-Year)Performance Evaluation Front Line Staff (Year End) Guidelines
- Performance Evaluation Front Line Staff (Year End)Performance Evaluation for Front Line Staff (Mid-Year) Guidelines
- Performance Evaluation for Front Line Staff (Mid-Year)
- Evaluation template during orientation or evaluation period
- Performance Development Plan Guidelines
- Performance Development Plan
- Performance Improvement Plan GuidelinesPerformance Improvement PlanPerformance
- Management Guidelines
- Leadership Core Competencies
- Leadership Core Competencies Presentation
Performance Management Metrics/Additional Tools
Twice a year, the department reports on key performance indicators. For performance management, the metrics include attrition, percentage of completed performance evaluations, employee engagement (attendance at department events) and employee productivity (linked to individual service area KPIs).
Employee Meeting Summary
Employee Meeting Summary Guidelines
Hiring, Onboarding & Termination Guidelines
Job Requisition Form
Leaving the University Form
Merit Increase Letter
Merit Letter Increase Guidelines
Time Record Keeping Guidelines
Performance Management Calendar
- July 1 – July 6: Business Operations generates automated employee merit letters and distributes to each service area for distribution by supervisors. Supervisor and employee update goals at this time (informal process).
- September 15 – October 15: For administration and professional staff, employees should fill out the self-evaluation at least a week prior to their appraisal. For front-line staff, supervisor should fill out employee mid-year short form performance appraisals and meet individually with each employee to give their review. For administration and professional staff, supervisors will note midyear performance evaluation in an email (supervisor should sent a copy of the email to HR for inclusion in electronic personnel file).
- October 16 – November 1: Supervisor should scan signed appraisals and send to HR for loading in electronic personnel file.
- February 8 – February 12: Supervisor/Director should determine and input merit for each employee.
- March 1 – March 30: For administration and professional staff, employees should update their self-evaluation from midyear at least a week prior to their appraisal. Supervisor should fill out employee year-end performance appraisals and meet individually with each employee to give their review. During performance appraisal, set goals for employee. Set up monthly meetings with employee for a performance improvement plan and monthly/quarterly meetings with employee for a performance development plan.
- April 1 – April 7: Supervisor should scan signed appraisals and send to HR for loading in electronic personnel file.
OFMD Strategic Goals & Performance Report
Our strategic priorities continue to support our service mission and will be carried out utilizing sound leadership principals and using our organizational core values.
Please view our performance reports.
- FY 20 OFMD Year-End Performance Report
- FY 19 OFMD Year-End Performance Report
- FY 18 OFMD Year-End Performance Report
- FY 18 OFMD Mid-Year Performance Report
- FY 17 OFMD Year-End Performance Report
- FY 17 OFMD Mid-Year Performance Report
- FY 16 OFMD Year-End Performance Report
Please view our strategic goals: Annual Strategic Goals FY 2020-2025
Performance Report Calendar
Year-End Performance Report
- July 1 to July 15: AVC and Communication Planner work on a first draft of report.
- July 16: Communication Planner sends report to applicable team members for edits.
- July 17 to August 15: Team members make changes to report (include KPI updates).
- August 16: Team members send changes to Communication Planner.
- August 17 to September 14: AVC and Communication Planner finalize report.
- September 15: Communication Planner publishes report and sends to senior leadership.
Mid-Year Performance Report
- November 1 to November 15: AVC and Communication Planner work on a first draft of report.
- November 16: Communication Planner sends report to applicable team members for edits.
- November 17 to December 15: Team members make changes to report (include KPI updates).
- December 16: Team members send changes to Communication Planner.
- December 17 to January 14: AVC and Communication Planner finalize report.
- January 15: Communication Planner publishes report and sends to senior leadership.
The Operations and Facilities Management Department (OFMD) at the School of Medicine continues to set national trends in operational leadership for their continued commitment to employees, customers and the stewardship of place.
Annual Training Program
The OFMD Departmental Training Program is updated annually. Please contact Paul Banda at email@example.com for more information.
Facility Management Professional (FMP)
The Operations & Facilities Management Department (OFMD) at Washington University School of Medicine has undertaken facility management professional development through a strategic partnership with the International Facility Management Association (IFMA). As of May 21, 2018, 162 staff members have earned the Facility Management Professional (FMP) credential and 44 have earned the Sustainability Facility Professional credential. OFMD is committed to preparing staff with the necessary portfolio of skills and credentials to continue to serve as a benchmark and resource for service, stewardship and sustainability.
OFMD Basic Computer Training
OFMD Continues to offer Basic Computer training classes. Please view the flyer for more information.