PLEASE SHARE THIS INFORMATION WITH OTHER MEMBERS OF YOUR DEPARTMENT, CLASS OR ORGANIZATION:
A robbery was reported at the Central West End Metro Link Platform on Monday, 09/25/2017 at approximately 5:40 p.m.. The victim was using the pay phone at the top of the metro platform when he was approached by three individuals he had just spoken with while exiting the train. One of the suspects reached into his pants and took sixty-five dollars in cash and ran toward the Metro Bus Depo. The victim attempted to chase the subject but tripped and fell. One of the subjects stepped on him causing his head to be injured from striking the platform. Saint Louis City Police and Saint Louis EMS were contacted and the victim refused medical attention.
THE FOLLOWING CRIME AWARENESS AND PREVENTION TIPS HAVE BEEN DEVELOPED OVER TIME FROM A WIDE VARIETY OF INCIDENTS. THEY ARE OFFERED AS “BEST PRACTICES” FOR VARIED CIRCUMSTANCES RELATED TO ROBBERY AND OTHER CRIMES AGAINST PERSON.
· If confronted, do not argue with an attacker over property.
· Limit walking alone to and from campus whenever possible.
· Make use of complimentary parking on campus after business hours.
· Call for a security escort from Protective Services 314-362-4357
· If you are a victim/witness, immediately call 911 (off campus) or 314-362-4357 (on campus).
Crime Prevention (reducing the risk) begins with the individual. Be aware of your surroundings at all times whether on or off campus, on the job or relaxing. Report incidents in a timely manner to the local law enforcement/security authority.