PLEASE SHARE THIS INFORMATION WITH OTHER MEMBERS OF YOUR DEPARTMENT, CLASS OR ORGANIZATION:
At approximately 12:45 p.m. today, a Washington University School of Medicine student was the victim of a purse snatching while walking in the area of Duncan and Taylor. Barnes-Jewish Public Safety bike officers were in the Duncan Central garage performing their patrols when this incident occurred, and chased the suspect north on Newstead to West Pine, where they lost sight of the suspect. The victim’s purse was recovered. The student was not injured and St. Louis Police are investigating.
THE FOLLOWING CRIME AWARENESS AND PREVENTION TIPS HAVE BEEN DEVELOPED OVER TIME FROM A WIDE VARIETY OF INCIDENTS. THEY ARE OFFERED AS “BEST PRACTICES” FOR VARIED CIRCUMSTANCES RELATED TO ROBBERY AND OTHER CRIMES AGAINST PERSON.
· If confronted, do not argue with an attacker over property.
· Limit walking alone to and from campus whenever possible.
· Make use of complimentary parking on campus after business hours.
· Call for a security escort from Protective Services 314-362-4357
· If you are a victim/witness, immediately call 911 (off campus) or 314-362-4357 (on campus).
Crime Prevention (reducing the risk) begins with the individual. Be aware of your surroundings at all times whether on or off campus, on the job or relaxing. Report incidents in a timely manner to the local law enforcement/security authority.