WUSM auxiliary services: food service re-openings
The following food service locations will be reopening:
- Shell Café: opening October 5th, 7:00am – 2:00pm
- Farmstead Café: opening October 12th, 7:00am – 2:00pm
Please visit our website for QR codes to order in advance through ChowNow or Toast.
Things to Know Before You Go
- The flow of the Shell Café has been reversed. You are encouraged to order and pay online to assist with limited the number of people in the café. Enter through the seating area and follow signage for pre-order pickup location.
- Order in person by entering through the seating area and placing your order with the cashier. View the menu ahead of time to reduce density in the café. Follow signage for order pickup in the café.
- Limited seating is available. Please disinfect your area after you dine with the spray bottles and paper towels available in the café.
- If you have any questions, please reach out to Lacey Luitjohan.
As a reminder, these seating areas have reopened:
- FLTC Kaldi’s Café seating area only (café opening date is TBD)
- FLTC Hearth – 2nd floor
The following protocols are currently in place:
- Tables spaced 6′ apart with one chair per table (please do not move chairs around).
- Self-cleaning sanitizing stations and signage placed in each dining area for individuals to wipe down tables before and after use. Individual responsibility is expected to maintain cleanliness.
- Hand sanitizer available in each of these designated areas.
- COVID-19 protocol signage in place for masking, social distancing and handwashing.
- OFMD COVID Building Coordinator will be monitoring these spaces for compliance and cleaning protocols.
- All high touch areas cleaned at least every two hours.
Other Open Locations:
- Hours: 5:30am – 5:30pm, M-F
- Guests are encouraged to order and pay online to avoid wait times and congregating.
- Full Menu available. Take out is available and encouraged – please order ahead!
Follett Campus Store
- Open: 8:00am – 3:00pm, M-F
- No more than 10 customers in the store at a time.
- Universal masking required.
- Directional and distancing signage is in place at the store.
- Employees are required to go through a screening before beginning work each day.
- Hand sanitizer is available at the counter for employees and patrons.
- All high touch areas are being cleaned at least every two hours.
- The website is available for online shopping.
- Grab-and-go options available for breakfast & lunch.
- Open: 9:00am – 6:00pm, M-F
If you have any questions, please reach out to Lacey Luitjohan.
Lactation Rooms on the Medical Campus continue to remain open
The lactation rooms on the Washington University Medical Campus continue to remain open and accessible to all staff, faculty, students and visitors. In order to register for the program, please visit the lactation room website.
The Medical Campus has 70 lactation room spaces open and each location provides a private space where nursing individuals are welcome to pump. Rooms are equipped with appropriate signage, a comfortable chair, a small table and an electrical outlet. Most rooms have refrigerators, sinks, microwaves and hospital-grade breast pumps. For a complete list of all locations, please visit the list of lactation rooms.
For any questions about the WUSM Lactation Room Program, please email the program coordinators.
Reminder – Campus Security & Campus Safety
Employees must wear their WUSM ID Badge on their outermost garment at all times. Protective Services remains fully staffed seven days a week across three shifts and continues to support all campus access, response, and security needs.
COMMUNITY SAFETY – BE A RESPONSIBLE MEMBER OF THE CAMPUS
To ensure the safety of all of our campus community members and neighbors, please remember universal masking is required on campus. We ask that you continue to maintain social distancing (6-feet from others), wash your hands frequently, and avoid touching your face. Please stay at home if you are sick.
For your safety and the safety of others, please do not prop open doors on campus. The safety and security of our internal spaces is a team effort. When adhered to judiciously, the result is a range of protections for our people and property. Keeping lab doors secure at all times ranks near the top of the list of best practices. The benefits are many:
- To ensure the proper pressurization of laboratory spaces and the safety of the research community.
- Containment of fire, smoke or other potentially dangerous vapors
- Prevention of unauthorized access by people who may not have the appropriate training to safely enter
- Preservation of the integrity of crucial research
- Reduction in the opportunity for theft or other crimes
Everyone has a stake and everyone can play a role. Please don’t prop, shim or in any way attempt to defeat the mechanisms of your doors. If you are having a problem securing a space, contact Protective Services at 314-362-4357.
Protective Services also asks for extra vigilance during this time. Please remember to pay attention to your surroundings at all times and report all suspicious persons or activity to 314-362-4357 immediately.
The Operations & Facilities Management Department encourages all staff, faculty, students, vendors, contractors and visitors to view the information and guidelines above.