Pedestrian & Vehicular Safety & Education Program
WUSM OFMD is developing a comprehensive Pedestrian & Vehicular Safety & Education Program. The program is working to address the pedestrian and vehicular safety needs on an urban campus.
- Will provide campus education services that will seek to improve pedestrian and vehicular safety and to encourage more walking by creating an environment where pedestrians can walk safely and comfortably.
- Will involve research, communication, physical improvements, marketing and education.
- Focus on the whole person (drivers, pedestrians, bicyclists)
- Sensitize drivers that pedestrians are legitimate road users and should always be expected on/near roadways
- Educate pedestrians about minimizing risks to their safety
- Develop program materials to explain and enhance the operation of crosswalks and signals