The Fabrication Team at Washington University School of Medicine provides fabrication, modification, design and technical services. The team serves all Washington University departments as well as off-campus customers not affiliated with the University.
The Fabrication Team has a mission of providing cost effective, efficient and quality services.
Fabrication, Modification, Design & Technical Services
The Fabrication Team at Washington University School of Medicine provides complete services in the design, fabrication and repair of parts, instruments and equipment. The shop is capable of working with all type of materials ranging from plastics to exotic metals.
The shop is staffed by highly skilled machinists that can work from formal blueprints, sketches, or verbal descriptions. The shop is capable of working with all type of materials ranging from plastics to exotic metals.
To arrange a tour or consultation, call 314-362-6186 or email OFMDFabricationTeam@email.wustl.edu
- Precision milling, turning, drilling, honing, flat grinding, abrasive blasting
- Modern welding facility with equipment for plasma arc, tungsten inert gas, metal inert gas, and spot welding, in addition to a pantograph-controlled plasma torch for dimension-controlled cutting of metal parts
- Precision water jet material cutting
- Complete sheet metal fabrication
- Precision plastic fabrication, including bonding, heat forming, casting, polishing and welding
- 4 CNC Milling Machines and 1 CNC Lathe
- CAD/CAM software capabilities, include drawing of parts, importing of files from Solid Works, Auto Cad, Inventor, Solid Edge, Para Solid, Iges, Alpha 1, and Power Shape file formats to aide in the programing of parts to be machined, and the ability to generate G code to run our CNC machines
- SolidWorks software used in producing drawings for customers, or for working with your drawings
Work is performed to the customer’s specifications at a competitive price. Customers are charged a quoted amount or billed for time and materials.
The Fabrication Shop is located at 4566 Scott Avenue (McDonnell Science Medical Building) on the Washington University School of Medicine campus.