Engineering and Maintenance Services
Facilities Operations is responsible for maintaining the Medical School’s building systems, public spaces and exterior elements to their original functional intent. Facilities Operations operates, repairs, maintains and updates the physical plant’s architectural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire protection systems to ensure aesthetically-pleasing, reliable and energy-efficient facilities for our faculty, students and staff.
On a chargeable basis, Facilities Operations provides labor and expertise for customer requests related to architectural, mechanical, electrical, or plumbing systems. The customer requesting this work must be part of an approved list of departmental contacts in order to initiate the chargeable service. Please contact the Facilities Integrated Service Center at 362-3100 or email@example.com to initiate your request.
These chargeable services could include:
General Maintenance / Repairs
- Repair or testing of department-owned equipment.
- Changing of filters more frequently than with regular preventive maintenance.
- Checking of alarms on department-owned equipment after hours – minimum of ½ hour charge.
- Installation of germicidal tubes for fume hoods.
- Monthly testing of generators – approx. 1 – 1 ½ hour charge.
- Monitoring of generators during electrical outage.
- Power outage requests not related to general maintenance and repair.
- Construction and installation of department shelves and bookcases.
- Fabrication, repair and painting of department-owned furniture.
- Hanging items on walls.
- Installation of door closures and door-stops.
- Installation of keyboard accessories.
- Additional outlets for department-owned equipment.
- Special lights installed for pictures or desks.
- Special plugs installed on department-owned equipment.
- Installation or annual testing of backflow preventer units attached to department-owned equipment.
- Changing of water filters on department-owned equipment.
- Repairs to sinks and drains due to incorrect disposing of material.
- Repair of department lab equipment – e.g. sterilizers, washers, dryers, etc.
- Repair of private bathrooms inside of suite.
Facilities Operations maintenance technicians perform extensive preventative maintenance on all systems to ensure 100% reliability and energy efficiency.
Temperature Control & Alarm Monitoring
Facilities Engineering provides temperature control and alarm monitoring, which includes:
- 24 hour/7 days a week/365 days a year manned control room
- Monitor, maintain and repair over 140,000 points in multiple building automation system.
- Monitor department owned cold rooms, warm rooms and freezers
- Able to troubleshoot and repair temperature issues on site whether pneumatic or direct digitally controlled (DDC)
- Maintain and monitor multiple fire alarm systems throughout the campus as well as ensure compliance with local codes