Facilities Operations is responsible for maintaining the Medical School’s building systems, public spaces and exterior elements to their original functional intent. Facilities Operations operates, repairs, maintains and updates the physical plant’s architectural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire protection systems to ensure aesthetically-pleasing, reliable and energy-efficient facilities for our faculty, students and staff.
On a chargeable basis, Facilities Operations provides labor and expertise for customer requests related to architectural, mechanical, electrical, or plumbing systems. The customer requesting this work must be part of an approved list of departmental contacts in order to initiate the chargeable service. Please contact the Facilities Integrated Service Center (FISC) at 314-362-3100 or WUSMFacilities@email.wustl.edu to initiate your request.
An overview of services offered include:
- Preventative maintenance on hoods & ice machines
- Ceiling tile repair/replacement
- Toilet & urinal repairs
- Sink & faucet repairs
- Soap & paper towel dispensers in shared/common areas
- Common space/exterior door repairs
- Garage door repairs
- Small moves
- Changing of filters outside of regular preventative maintenance.
- Checking of alarms on department-owned equipment after hours (1/2 hour minimum charge).
- Installation of germicidal tubes for fume hoods.
- Monitoring of generators during electrical outage.
- Power outage requests not related to general maintenance and repair.
- Additional outlets for department-owned equipment.
- Special lights installed for pictures or desks.
- Special plugs installed on department-owned equipment.
- Installation or annual testing of backflow preventer units attached to department-owned equipment.
- Changing of water filters on department-owned equipment.
- Repairs to sinks and drains due to incorrect disposing of material.
- Repair of private bathrooms inside of suite.
Facilities Operations maintenance technicians perform extensive preventative maintenance on all systems to ensure 100% reliability and energy efficiency.
Facilities Engineering provides temperature control and alarm monitoring, which includes:
- A control room that is staffed 24 hours/7 days per week/365 days per year.
- Monitoring, maintaining, and repairing over 300,000 points in multiple building automation systems.
- Monitoring of walk-in cold rooms, warm rooms, and freezers
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair temperature issues on-site, whether pneumatic or direct digitally controlled (DDC)
- Maintaining and monitoring multiple fire alarm systems throughout the campus and ensure compliance with local codes.