Metro (U-pass) Pass Guidelines
The university provides most faculty, staff and students with a Universal Pass (U-Pass) for the Metro public transportation system.
The following regulations strictly apply to the U-Pass program, fraudulent or unauthorized use of a U-Pass will lead to possible University disciplinary action, confiscation of the pass, revocation of the program benefit, and/or possible issuance of a citation from law enforcement officers for fare evasion.
- The U-Pass is non-transferable and valid only when used by the eligible individual to whom it was originally issued.
- The U-Pass is valid only when issued through Washington University Parking & Transportation Services.
- The U-Pass is valid for access to the Metro system only when presented for service by an eligible member of the Washington University community along with a valid Washington University ID.
- Passengers who fail to present a valid Washington University ID with the U-Pass will be required to pay the cash fare for access to the bus. In addition, on the train, the U-Pass could be confiscated and a citation could be issued by law enforcement officers for fare evasion.
- A valid U-Pass must be returned to Parking & Transportation Services if an individual is no longer registered full-time.
- Passes should be returned to:
Danforth Parking & Transportation Services
One Brookings Drive, Campus Box 1200
St. Louis, MO 63130
- The U-Pass must be renewed annually. The expiration date is clearly printed on the U-Pass.
- Passengers who present an expired U-Pass will be required to pay the cash fare for access to the bus. In addition, on the train, a citation could be issued by law enforcement officers for fare evasion to passengers presenting an expired U-Pass.
- Lost or stolen U-Passes must be reported to Parking & Transportation Services immediately. The fee charged for a replacement annual U-Pass is $50.00. This replacement fee cannot be waived.
- Metro does not allow eating or drinking on their vehicles. Failure to comply with this policy on the train could result in the issuance of a citation from law enforcement officers.
Get specifics on Metro service to WUSTL campuses.
Learn more about Metro Transit’s services, maps and schedules.