Join in the OFMD Annual Recipe Contest! We are looking for your best Slow Cooker recipes.
This year OFMD is hosting a cook-off! We are looking for participants to submit and prepare your slow cooker dish for the event. All OFMD employees are invited to come, taste, and vote on your favorite entries. Winners will be showcased in the OFMD yearly calendar. The event will be held at Shell cafe on Wednesday, June 21 starting at 2:45 PM. Winners will be announced at the event!
- Submit your recipe online with your entry. Original recipes preferred. If submitting a recipe from another source, please include the source.
- On the day of the event, you will need to prepare and bring in your slow cooker dish. Your slow cooker (6-7Qt. preferred) will be set up at a station and each participant will be provided with cups, gloves, and serving spoons.
- Drop-off for the slow cooker will begin at 2:15 PM. (Please plan an alternate location to cook your slow cooker dish until event time.)
- Categories include:
- OFMD staff members only. One (1) entry per category per person.
- Deadline to enter online: June 12, 2023
- The top 12 recipes will be featured in the 2024 wall calendar and win a prize!
- All OFMD staff that attend are eligible to vote.
- The first two tickets per person are free but after that, each ticket will be $1/ticket or $5/6 tickets. All money raised will go to our Holiday Outreach Family Program.
- Sample each slow cooker recipe and then vote at our voting station.
Why are we doing this? The WashU Wellness Champions (8IGHT WAYS TO WELLNESS) were challenged to promote innovative, personalized solutions to address health and wellness for their unique work group. This event is promoting home cooking, nutrition and fellowship/networking. Awarded recipes will be featured in the 2024 wall calendar.
How will my recipe be scored? Popular vote by OFMD staff.
Will I be reimbursed for my entry? Yes, we will reimburse up to $40.
What forms of payment are accepted for tickets? Cash only. There is an ATM located in McDonnell Medical Sciences next to Shell Cafe.
Can I enter a recipe but not cook/serve it? Please contact Raema Howell at Raema@wustl.edu to discuss options.
When will the winners be announced? At the end of the event on Wednesday, June 21, 2023