Sent on behalf of Barnes-Jewish Hospital.
On Friday, April 8, work will begin to assemble a second tower crane on the Campus Renewal Project site at Kingshighway and Barnes Jewish Plaza. Detours will start at 5 pm Friday and continue through the weekend. Details are below.
• Starting at 5 pm, Friday, April 8, all westbound lanes of Barnes-Jewish Plaza between the entrance/exit to the Plaza Garage and Kingshighway will close.
• Detour signs will direct traffic from the garage around Hudlin Park: to Euclid Ave., then Clayton Ave. to Hospital Drive to access Kingshighway and Highway 40/Interstate 64 (see map).
• Patient drop-off and pick-up will remain in service. Vehicles will exit to Barnes Jewish Plaza heading east to Euclid and follow the same detour route. (Valet service is closed on weekends.)
• No additional lanes of Kingshighway will be affected.
• For the safety of everyone, construction personnel will be on-site to help direct traffic, pedestrians and construction vehicles.
Because of the impact and potential for delays, team members and physicians who park in the Plaza Garage need to plan an alternate route to avoid adding to the congestion. The exits at Tower Grove and Boyle avenues provide quick access to Clayton Ave. east of Kingshighway.
If severe weather or excessive rain is predicted, the crane installation will be delayed two weeks to the weekend of April 22.
Questions can be directed to Justin Breig, BJC project manager, at 314-323-2317 or Justin.Breig@bjc.org.