The Operations & Facilities Management Physical Planning team proactively supports and plans for the School of Medicine’s physical needs to ensure proper stewardship, care and expansion planning in its mission of patient care, research and education.
Our efforts are driven by the WUSM mission and business objectives and are a link to strategic and financial planning processes.
Our approach is:
Utilizing these strategies, we provide world class service for WUSM in support of physical planning efforts.
Do you have a planning or project request?
Please submit your planning or project request by submitting the planning and project request form (use DOM account or WUSTL Key).
If you need assistance with the form, please view the instructions.
Space and Facilities Management
The team provides the following services related to space and facilities management:
- Data Management
- Annual Space Survey
- Charge-back & Financial Reporting
- Integrated Facilities Technology (Space, Work Management, Project & Renewal)
- Vacancy & Space Reporting
- Analysis & Trends
- Real Estate & Lease Information
- As built, CAD, O&M & Warranty Information
- Capital Renewal Plans
WUSM Space Request Process Highlights
Below are the main steps for a space request:
- Department submits a Planning & Project Request Form to FMD Planning to request additional space and a Planner/PM is assigned.
- Planner/PM completes a needs assessment for the Department or gathers additional information.
- OFMD Planning reviews request and recommendation(s) with the Dean’s office; AVC reviews request with Executive Faculty.
- If request and recommendation is approved, OFMD Planning reviews recommendation with the Department.
- If the Department accepts recommendation, a Space Assignment Letter is generated.
For more information, please view the WUSM Space Intake Process.
Rent for Space
Physical Planning provides support to the Vice Chancellor for Research for administration of the rent for space process.
Building Area Measurement Guidelines
Office Space Guidelines
Planner & Department List
Design and AV Guidelines
Samples for AV and Furniture Design Guidelines for Classroom and Meeting Spaces
Lab Metric Planning Benchmark